14 September 2010

I Am Old.

So, yesterday I turned twenty. And I feel weird about being twenty, because I've had the -teen suffix for so long now. It was also weird not having my family around for the first time. However, I did get to party. The local LGBT group, EIU Pride, had their welcome reception yesterday, and not only did I go, but I also helped plan it and purchase food and decorations. I like to get involved. So, I was there for about three hours, and then I went back to the dorm to eat Jello and open presents. I got a signed picture of Leonard Nimoy, which is now hanging above my bed to watch over me. I also got the single weirdest CD I have ever heard of: "Spaced Out: The Very Best of Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner". The best track, of course, is 'Ballad of Bilbo Baggins', which Spock and I use to annoy the hell out of each other. In case you haven't been subjected to it yet, here you go. Dig that crazy bassoon! I also got some fun trinkets from my aunt in Southern Illinois; the bunches of matching oriental stuff made me smile.
For my birthday, despite the fact that it was yesterday, I will do a list of...
20 Things that Make Me Smile
In no particular order
1. Babies laughing

2. Smiley faces in food

3. Playing cards

4. Rainbows

5. Watching scary movies with my dad

6. Halloween shopping

7. Being in love

8. Portal

9. Making avatars

10. Lolcats

11. Rush

12. Living with one of my best friends

13. Spock [my Spock, the original Spock, any Spock, really]

14. Tetris

15. Lady GaGa parodies that don't insult Lady GaGa herself

16. Singing

17. My mom

18. Rock Band

19. Lego versions of pretty much anything

20. Birthdays


Thanks for smiling with me!
~Sushi

2 comments:

  1. Good list. Except for those "female n' gay" things, like babies smiling and rainbows... And all the Lady Gaga's stuff, of course. I just don't like her.

    Anyway... "Cheers" from Brazil, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't think I'll accept your Brazilian cheers, thank you very much. First, I happen to be a female who strongly advocates gay rights. Second, I said babies laughing, not smiling; though, smiling babies are also heart-warming. Third, and finally, why the hell are you commenting on my blog when you don't even enjoy the list I made ABOUT MYSELF?!
    And don't take the name of GaGa in vain... *grrr*

    ReplyDelete