11 November 2010

XKCD - Purely Statistical Edition

Lately, I've been ravenously devouring the webcomic xkcd. It's kind of like the opposite of Cyanide and Happiness, in that the stick people are extremely intelligent instead of somewhat mindless. Both are extremely funny, and somewhat explicit, so go check them out.
The other thing I've been obsessed with lately is statistics. I'm taking my second round of stats, as it's the math of choice for psychology majors like myself. I'm amazingly good at it, too, which shocks the hell out of me, because normally I'm quite terrible at math. I think I'm better at stats because the numbers actually have a meaning behind them, rather than just arbitrarily existing. When I add two and two, I want to know what significance four has, and statistics does that for me. It's like an academic high, almost--I continuously get As on my homework and tests, and my professor has noticed this. And he's recommended me to departmental honors, which makes me feel super-awesome, being that it's my first semester here.
But, enough gloating. I wanted to share some xkcd strips with you, because they make me feel happy and smart at the same time. (Oh, and to view the strips in all of their full-sized glory, just click them!)


Our professor put this one up for a giggle when we started talking about the correlation coefficient!































~Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment