12 April 2010

Night of the Jedi

When I agreed to go with Spock to the dentist on Friday, I was prepared for the blood, and the pain that he would be in. What I wasn't prepared for was his Deathbreath-- a horrendous mixture of old blood, gauze fumes, medicine, and a wicked onslaught of halitosis. He has trouble smelling, so it doesn't bother him, but from the time he woke up from the anesthesia he has had the worst breath, and I can't kiss him because of it. The reason Spock was at the dentist was because he had to have all four of his wisdom teeth pulled; they were growing in sideways. The operation went well, but he was woozy for a while, and threw up blood at one point; that wasn't pretty.
So, I've spent most of my weekend at Spock's house, taking care of him. I made Jello and chocolate pudding for him on Saturday, and we decided to have a Star Wars marathon. We watched Episodes VI, I, and V on Saturday, and IV and III today; he doesn't own II, and I couldn't find it at the video store. We also watch the third X-Men, which neither of us had seen in a while. I don't think I ate a single healthy thing all weekend, apart from dinner on Saturday, which was somewhat nutritious. Today was mostly Jello, pudding, and candy. Sometimes, I just have no self-control.
My list today will be have two parts. I have found a list of Star Wars title translations, and I will pick the most interesting out of these for each of the six movies, noting what language they are. Then, I will pick a quote from each.

Episode I: Sinister Shades [Hungarian]
Qui-Gon Jinn: I can only protect you, I cannot fight a war for you.
Episode II: The Clones are Attacking [Czech]
Yoda: Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Episode III: Revenge of a Sith [Finnish]
Darth Sidious: His death was a necessary loss. Soon I will have a new apprentice, one far younger and more powerful.
Episode IV: Celestial Body Great War [Chinese]
Han Solo: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Episode V: The Empire Punches Back [Norwegian]
Princess Leia: This bucket of bolts is never gonna get us past that blockade.
Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi Knights [German]
C-3PO: I do believe they think I am some kind of god.
Han Solo: Well, why don't you use your divine influence and get us out of this?
C-3PO: I beg your pardon General Solo, but that just wouldn't be proper.
Han Solo: Proper?
C-3PO: It's against my programming to impersonate a deity.
May the Force/Schwartz/forks be with you.
~Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment