23 April 2010

What An Angry God We Serve

I can't remember a time when I didn't know how to play Tetris. After all, I was born after 1985, when Tetris came out, so in my perspective, it has always been around. Tetris and I have always had a love-hate relationship. There are days when I'm absolutely wonderful at it, and others when I barely know a T-spin from a tetrimino. But, whether I love it or I hate it, I usually enjoy playing. I found a site called Tetris Friends through Facebook [no surprise there]; one day I wanted to play Tetris, and there was, naturally, an app available to me. I enjoy playing on the site rather than on Facebook, though. I being up against players world-wide, not just the few people I have on my friends list. Spock has joined me on Tetris Friends--I asked him to because they've just made a live multiplayer game, Arena Tetris. I should have known better. While I excel at single-player versions, he wipes me out in the multiplayer. I'll get over it soon enough, but for now, I'm still pretty sore over losing rank time and time again while playing with Spock. My favorite aspect of Tetris Friends is that it offers so much customization. You can pick your own tetriminos, ghost pieces, voices, and even backgrounds in Arena. The downside is that some of the cooler options are pay-only. I'm really getting tired of applications doing that, but no matter. Whether or not I'm any good at Tetris, though, I still encourage those of you who enjoy the game to sign up for Tetris Friends. And while you're at it, add me as a friend!
In Soviet Russia, lines make you!
~Sushi
P.S. The source of today's blog title is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment