26 October 2009

547 Reasons Not to Study Psychology

For the last month or so, I have been researching for a presentation on paraphilias that a partner and I are doing for Abnormal Psychology. Today, my focus was almost solely on pedophilia, an extremely disturbing topic at best. Of the eight DSM-recognized paraphilias, pedophilia has had by far the most research done. After devouring several books on the subject, I turned to the internet to look for websites for support groups for each of the paraphilias. While I was searching, I found several allusions to an APA list of 547 established paraphilias. I looked all over the APA website, but couldn't find the list, which would have been extremely useful to the project, so I wrote to the APA, asking whether or not the list exists, and if so, could I somehow obtain a copy. I'll post their response if I ever get it. Hopefully they respond quickly; this project is due on November 19th.


And now, because I don't want to think about pedophiles anymore, here is a completely unrelated list.
Top 5 Awesome Spoofs of Star Wars, as usual in no particular order.


1. Family Guy


2. Eddie Izzard's Death Star Canteen with LEGOs


3. Robot Chicken


4. Interrogation Droid


5. Retold By Someone Who Hasn't Seen It
May the force be with you.
~Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment