12 October 2009

The "B" Word

I find that the word "boyfriend" is far too overused. Of course, the word "love" is as well, but the limitations of the English language only allow for so much. Boyfriend, however, is easily replaceable. I have a, um.... "B" word; he will be referred to in this blog as Spock, to preserve his anonymity. I have known him for the past five or six years-- I can't really recall when exactly we met, but that doesn't make him any less special to me. We have been friends for that entire time, and have considered each other best friends for at least three years. We are now dating. I don't know what to call him, at least not in English, because no word truly describes his importance to my life and well-being.

So, being a Trekker, I reached out further into the tongues of the galaxy and found the Vulcan word T'hy'la. Click here for an in-depth definition. in short, it means brother, friend, lover, and soulmate, all wrapped into one. And that is what my Spock is to me.




My T'hy'la and I


And now, for the list: Top 10 Facebook Applications I Waste My Life Using


1. Photos


2. Pet Society


3. World Domination: Total War


4. Notes


5. Infant Gratification


6. MindJolt Games


7. Bejeweled Blitz


8. Links


9. Star Trek Fleet Command


10. Videos


Of course, Facebook in general is probably a waste of time, but I like it anyway.
~Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment