24 November 2009

Raw and Wriggling... / CONTEST: Day Two

So, I seem to have to make the rules a bit clearer for this contest. My blog posts are also streaming into my Facebook notes, which is where I plan to receive the bulk of my replies. I had figured it was a given that each person would submit one entry. However, one of my smart-ass friend-of-a-friends thought he would be funny and submit thirty-odd different names. I'm considering disqualifying him altogether.
So, just to be clear...

(1). Each person who submits, herein known as a "contestant", will submit one, and only one, name.
(2).Anyone who reads this blog, or feeds of its posts, can submit a name. This is a public contest.
(3). Once ten names [yes, ten seems to be a good number], each from a different contestant, have been submitted, a poll with each of these names will be opened on the blog, and only the blog. I can't manage multiple polls; people will get upset.
(4). On December 31st, 2009, at 11:59 CST, the submission with the most votes will be declared the winner. In the event of a tie, the contest will be run until January 2nd, 2010, until 11:59 CST. [For those of you who don't know, CST is Central Standard Time, the time zone in which I live.]
(5). Once a winner has been declared, they will be presented, upon giving me their e-mail address, a badge for their website, to display their winning the contest. I ask for the winner's e-mail, rather than simply posting the badge, so that other people can't steal it from the site and alter it.
In the words of the immortal [literally] Highlander, "There can only be one."

So, now that this rules business is taken care of, I have a rather silly list, with a rather long title.


Seven Popular Movie Quotes Translated From English into Japanese, and then Back into English, with Humorous Results:
1. From Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Before: "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
After: "As for me to do the story above this in you, the head would not like to do the wiper of the valley of the animality food of the sky. As for me in your general direction fart. Your mother hamster, your father [erudaberi] it was refined."

2. From The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Before: "Do you think I made a mistake splitting his brain between the two of them?"
After: "You think that I divided mistake, between 2, became that brain?"

3. From The Blues Brothers
Before: "It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?"
After: "This has, the officer, the tire and officer suspensoid, obtained officer impact the officer motor, 440 cubic inch factories. Because, as for this which runs the gas periodically and sufficiently probably will be it is before the catalytic converter of the model. In case of some kind of, as for that whether new Bluesmobile not calling?"

4. From The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Before: "He wants the precious. Always he is looking for it. And the precious is wanting to go back to him... But we mustn't let him have it.
After: "He desires valuable. He has searched that always. In addition, it passes with valuable desire and goes to the [tsu] chestnut waist…But, we do not have to tell from his perspective."

5. From Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope
Before: "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
After: "As for religion of deception and the weapon of ancient times your side, it has matched to the good blaster even with the child."

6. From Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Before: "I have been and always shall be your friend. Live long and prosper."
After: "It is made I, always you must make your friend. It lives long, prospers."

7. From Highlander
Before: "What can you tell me about a seven foot lunatic hacking away with a broadsword at one o'clock in the morning, New York City, 1985?"
After: "Something left the demonian hacking of 7 feet, it is you can teach the [bi] and others and 1, at the time of morning, but New York city, 1985?"

Indeed, the chestnut waist...
~Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment